Monday, April 25, 2011

Basic cell phone signal booster


I have shifted to work in an office within a basement... obvious consequence: low cell phone signal, battery drainage, missed calls and calls that get cut.

I wanted to try out a cell-phone signal passive repeater, but for that you need 2 antennas, and so far, I've been able to get only one. But it is already helping me!

It is a small antenna from a surveillance system with wireless cameras (picture below).




With this small antenna, I just have to open the receiving plate, place my cell-phone right in front of it, and in a matter of a few seconds, the signal goes from practically null to about 80%. 



This helps only for avoiding battery drainage and missed calls, because once you move the cell-phone far from the antenna (i.e. when you speak on the phone during a call) the signal again reduces a lot... but is quite some help for something that took no effort at all.

I hope I manage to get another antenna so as to try out the passive signal repeater soon.

7 comments:

  1. Incredible, Javi you can try to make a signal booster for Dual SIM Mobile Phones which are mostly used today. Providing a solution for battery drainage during hand over of mobile between BTS while travelling.
    - Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... that sounds like interesting stuff... let's see if we get the time to try out so many things in mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It's awesome ,it is realy helpful, I appreciate it!
    Mobile phone signal booster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nishat, I usually don't allow to publish comments such as yours... but your product seems to be useful for somebody who is trying to boost his signal at home. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

  5. I'm glad to have visited your blog and good to know you! I find it interesting and informative.
    DCS mobile signal booster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Swati, your comments looks a little Spamish, but giving it the benefit of doubt... could you tell us the price range of the product you are posting in your link?

    ReplyDelete

  7. Wow, this is probably one of the coolest tutorials I’ve seen. Need to get into this ASAP!

    mobile signal booster manufacturer in delhi

    ReplyDelete